• Welcome back Guest!

MARSH is a private reefing group. Comments and suggestions are encouraged, but please keep them positive and constructive. Negative threads, posts, or attacks will be removed from view and reviewed by the staff. Continually disruptive, argumentative, or flagrant rule breakers may be suspended or banned.

Reef Currents Vendor Specials (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

cacarnold3

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
As you are aware MARSH and the Coral Farmers Market are co- hosting an event here in Houston in a couple of weeks. Reef Currents ( www.reefcurrents.org ) will have 3 speakers ( www.reefcurrents.org/speakers ) and coral and marine related product vendors ( www.reefcurrents.org/sponsors ) from across the country. Several of the out of town vendors have offered to give attendees the ability to pre-order items from their website or by phone. The pre-ordered items will be brought to the event for local pick-up. This saves you the shipping costs (usually more than the cost of your Reef Currents ticket- so it's like getting your ticket for free :)). I have listed below the vendors that are happy to do this for you and any details regarding their pre-ordering process. Please check out their sites and be sure to get the items you can't live without. I will update this list as vendors notify me of any specials they are offering our community.

The Coral Shop
www.thecoralshop.com
Offering a 20% discount on any pre-orders for the show. Use voucher code rc2014 it will be active til the 18th.
Pre-orders end on February 18th. Be sure to note that you want the order brought to Reef Currents for pick up.

Ijam Coral Company
www.ijamcoral.com
Pre-orders end on February 18th. Be sure to note that you want the order brought to Reef Currents for pick up.

Boston Aqua Farms
www.bostonaquafarms.com

Blue Water Tropicals
www.BlueWaterTropicals.com
20% STOREWIDE FOR EVERYBODY

IF YOU ARE ATTENDING REEF CURRENTS 2014 IN HOUSTON TEXAS
USE DISCOUNT CODE: MARSH

WHEN YOU CHECK OUT AND MAKE SURE YOU PUT A NOTE
SAYING YOU WILL PICK UP AT REEF CURRENTS IN THE NOTES.

EVERYTHING PRE- SOLD MUST BE PICKED UP FIRST THING SATURDAY MORNING
AS WE DON'T HAVE THE SPACE TO HOLD ON TO IT ALL DAY LONG FOR YOU.

ALL PRE- SALES ARE FINAL,
NO EXCEPTIONS.

Reef Koi
www.reefkoi.com
Use coupon code RC2014 at checkout for automatic 15% off and no shipping. This code will let them know that you will pick up your order at Reef Currents. Pre-orders end on February 20th.

FJW Aquarium
FJW Aquarium is offering a FJW raffle ticket to each customer for each $20 in purchases from now until February 22nd. The raffle will be drawn at the event and the prize will be a $150.00 gift card for high end zoas and palys.
Also, every $50.00 purchase at the FJW booth during Reef Currents will earn a 10% off card to use for livestock on next visit to the store.
There will also be a High End Clown Fish Raffle at the end of the day. This raffle is sponsored by Sea and Reef. Winner takes home their fish- no wait required.

We look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday (2/22/14)!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cacarnold3

Reaction score
My original post has been updated with additional vendor discounts for pre-orders.

ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT...

Unlimited Color Corals

Platinum Sponsor
Reaction score
My original post has been updated with additional vendor discounts for pre-orders.

ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT...

The ReefKoi discount code does not work. I just tried to place an order and it did not take off 15% of the order. I will contact Koi directly. Just FYI

OP
OP
C

cacarnold3

Reaction score
Yes, please contact them. I just double checked the code and it is the one I was sent. I am sure they will correct the issue.

OP
OP
C

cacarnold3

Reaction score
By the way guys, several of these promotions are only good through tomorrow. Please go check out their websites before these end. They need to prep your order to be brought to the event.

Jhwku

Reaction score
please delete this post. was trying to quote and it double posted. Sorry

Last edited:

Jhwku

Reaction score

Any updates? I am trying to place order and do not see discount as well. It says discount approved though.

Jhwku

Reaction score
Just emailed them and had very speedy responses from both coral shop and reef koi. Now to scrounge up some money to spend at the actual event. :spam1: is what is for lunch the rest of the week.

Salty Sonny

Reaction score
I wasn't going to bother posting this but is it just me or did one of those vendors jack up the prices on some of the corals?
I mean, I saw frags listed for $10 that are now $20 and some of the larger pieces went up 30-40%. haha I think he's trying to be slick! either way it's on me for not placing my order on Sunday when I had the chance.

OP
OP
C

cacarnold3

Reaction score
I wasn't going to bother posting this but is it just me or did one of those vendors jack up the prices on some of the corals?
I mean, I saw frags listed for $10 that are now $20 and some of the larger pieces went up 30-40%. haha I think he's trying to be slick! either way it's on me for not placing my order on Sunday when I had the chance.

Not that I have noticed (and I have been watching fairly closely to pick up a few items before the show):).

OP
OP
C

cacarnold3

Reaction score
Just emailed them and had very speedy responses from both coral shop and reef koi. Now to scrounge up some money to spend at the actual event. :spam1: is what is for lunch the rest of the week.

Yes, I had the same problem when I placed my order. His response was quick to let me know that there was definitely something wrong with the code but he was manually refunding my 15%.
If anyone else has an issue with one of these codes, please send an e-mail. These are good, reputable sellers and customer service has been stellar.

OP
OP
C

cacarnold3

Reaction score
I just updated the pre-order information in my original post for Blue Water Tropicals. They now offer 20% off with the code MARSH. You have to let them know in their NOTES section that you will pick them up at the event. Also, they require pick up first thing Saturday morning. They can not hold them all day. Check out their items here:
www.BlueWaterTropicals.com