Hi all, I am trying to cure rock (combination of some live and some dry rock). Total of ~150lbs. I have the rock in a brute trash can (44gal). I just started but it has saltwater, pump and a heater. It is being kept inside right now, and heater is set to 80 degrees (300watt heater). A few questions:
1. It is starting to bubble and foam at the top..is this just die off (only been curing for a day)?
2. I'd like to move it to my garage, but temps are rising, so will moving to my garage be okay (live in Pearland Tx)? If so, should I remove the heater or set it lower?
3. If I have to continue keeping inside, can the lid be set on top of the trash can (not fully sealed)?
4. How will I know when it's done curing?
5. Any chemicals I need to add?
6. Water changes? How often? 100% changes?
any additional advice would be greatly appreciated!!