Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Supporting Member ATXacrofarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    2,011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrfrancis View Post
    Around 4 months, and they were eating just fine.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Mine lasted to about 6 months, eating very well and gobbling up food. Then they slowly one by one stopped eating. Could never figure out why... It was odd.

  2. #12
    BOD MEMBER sneezebeetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had much luck either.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Deanna Horning
    M.A.R.S.H. - Board Member
    Marine Aquarium and Reef Society of Houston

  3. #13
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feed baby brine shrimp every half an hour. There is a good article from Matthew Wandell how he keep purple queen for long time.

    Where did you guys get your tuka? I found local stores were selling anthias pascalus rather than tuka.

  4. #14
    BOD MEMBER steveb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zzl630 View Post
    Feed baby brine shrimp every half an hour. There is a good article from Matthew Wandell how he keep purple queen for long time.

    Where did you guys get your tuka? I found local stores were selling anthias pascalus rather than tuka.
    You happen to have a link to the article?

  5. #15
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    You happen to have a link to the article?
    Yes sir.
    https://reefs.com/magazine/boldly-co...-tuka-anthias/

    I just bought 7 purple queens last week, 2 of them didn't make it. Rest 5 eat like pigs. Using my Apex and aqua lifter pump dose baby brine shrimp and other copepods every 15 mins to the refugium where I keep them. About to change to anther dosing pump since aqualifter clog very easily.

  6. Thanks steveb thanked for this post
  7. #16
    BOD MEMBER steveb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,870
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zzl630 View Post
    Yes sir.
    https://reefs.com/magazine/boldly-co...-tuka-anthias/

    I just bought 7 purple queens last week, 2 of them didn't make it. Rest 5 eat like pigs. Using my Apex and aqua lifter pump dose baby brine shrimp and other copepods every 15 mins to the refugium where I keep them. About to change to anther dosing pump since aqualifter clog very easily.

    If you get a chance and think about it, post some updates on your progress with them!

  8. #17
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    If you get a chance and think about it, post some updates on your progress with them!
    Sure. Building a new doser now.

  9. #18
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    League City
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post Thanks / Like
    Start to taking Sustainable Aquatics Hatchery Diet 0.8 mm pellets. I am mixing it with cyclop-eeze seems working as well. ready to taking baby brine shrimp for a while until new doser arrival.

  10. Thanks steveb thanked for this post

Similar Threads

  1. The garden of the Queen
    By flexrac in forum Marine and Reef General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 02:46 PM
  2. Queen angelfish
    By deepsea43 in forum Marine and Reef General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 12:29 PM
  3. Anthia ID
    By FireEater in forum Marine and Reef General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
  4. queen conch
    By in forum Marine and Reef General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 03:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •