PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to VTF for going the extra distance!

BrianPlankis
06-22-2005, 11:07 AM
I just wanted to extend a big thank you to VTF for staying open a few minutes late last night so I could buy the baby brine shrimp for my baby crabs. I was caught in terrible traffic on 59 and could not get to the store by 7pm when they close. I called ahead and asked them to stay open until I got there, which they did, and I was able to get my food.

This was definitely not a big sale for them, so I appreciate this even more. Nice to have sponsors who will do a little bit extra!

Brian

Niko5
06-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Did you buy eggs or acturaly bbs?

BrianPlankis
06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Did you buy eggs or acturaly bbs?

I bought frozen baby brine shrimp, don't have the time or space to setup my own hatchery....yet :)

B.

Niko5
06-22-2005, 02:36 PM
You should hatch it only takes a min did you catch this months reefkeeping mag? It only takes 5 mins to put them in a bottle and 48 hours to hatch and your done.

BrianPlankis
06-22-2005, 02:47 PM
You should hatch it only takes a min did you catch this months reefkeeping mag? It only takes 5 mins to put them in a bottle and 48 hours to hatch and your done.

Nick,

Yeah, I took the time to read that article. My garage is too hot and I don't have a stable platform underneath my tank yet. It is a space and time issue. I need to make the containment bottle for holding the babies first and I have 2 8 page papers due Friday....

...I'd better get back to work :D

B.

06-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Ahh, 2, 8 page papers I could whip that up for you in one afternoon. Just ask nathan. : ) You would also get A or B on them.

Ahh that just sounded like I would copy them. No, I just happen to be a good fast paper writter with spell check of course. :wink:

Cakepro
06-22-2005, 05:18 PM
BBS hatch in 24 hours with the correct temperature, circulation, and lighting. Decapsulated BBS hatch in half the time. I used to decapsulate brine shrimp cysts weekly for making them daily for my seahorses...major pain in the arse.